Parent & Family Resources
Welcome to the Bauer Early Care and Education Family Page! We encourage you to share ideas for additions to the page and invite you to check back often as the page grows!
Families play an important role in the life of a young child and also in the success of our Head Start and Early Head Start programs. As a way to show our appreciation, Bauer offers tokens to families when they volunteer in the classroom and participate in program activities like PTO, Policy Council, and Health Advisory Committee.
Tokens can be redeemed at Family Fun Nights, PTO Meetings and other events for items such as toys, games, self-care products, and more. Our selection is always changing and there is no limit to how many tokens you can earn! This is our way of saying THANK YOU! Your participation makes our program stronger and we could not do it without your help!
Each child’s family is expected to give a minimum of 33 classroom volunteer hours during each school year. Every time an adult member of your family volunteers for classroom activities, it counts toward your 33 hours AND you earn Bauer Appreciation Tokens!
Some ways you can help:
- Assist teachers in the classroom
- Set up lunch or snacks
- Eat breakfast or lunch with the children
- Clean tables and toys
- Make learning activities for the children
- Help on field trips
- Sew or donate doll clothes, dress-up clothes
- Rake leaves and pull weeds
- Paint and do repairs
- Help children with brushing teeth
- Repair toys, books or equipment
- Work on special projects
- Read to the children
- Make reminder calls to parents
- Share a talent or special activity
- Work with small groups
- Supervise children on the playground