Who Can Apply?
All families living in Carroll, Clinton, Tippecanoe, and White Counties can apply for our programs. While priority is given to families with the greatest need, families of all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply. Early Head Start services are only available in Tippecanoe County.
How Do You Apply?
If you are interested in our programs, just connect with us to the right to schedule an application appointment!
What to Expect at Your Application Appointment
In addition to sharing more about our programs and learning more about you and your family, we will collect information and will need you to bring the following documents to your appointment:
1. Child’s Birth Certificate (from the Health Department)
2. Proof of Address:
- Utility bill (gas, water, or electric) or lease
- If utilities or lease are in another person’s name, a letter from that person must accompany the bill or lease.
3. Parent/Guardian’s Proof of Income:
- Last 2 pay stubs or letter from employer
- Most recent W2 or income tax return OR last pay stub for previous calendar year
4. If Applicable:
- Child Support
- TANF, SSI
- Employment Letters, Unemployment
The following documents are required before your family can start program services. We appreciate you bringing them to your application appointment:
1. Current Physical and Shot Records for your child
2. If Applicable:
- IFSP or IEP from First Steps, GLASS, LAJSSC, or Special Service agencies
- Professional Referral
- Health Insurance Card (Medicaid or other)
- Food Stamp Card
- Proof of custody/guardianship (if not the biological parent)
- Proof of Pregnancy (Pregnant Women’s Program only)
Please know that program services cannot begin until all applicable documents are provided.
What to Expect AFTER your Application Appointment
After an application appointment, all families are placed on our waitlist.
Some families are on the waitlist for as few as 2 days and some longer as the waitlist changes daily! Unfortunately, not all families on the waitlist receive a spot in our programs due to the demand for the services we provide.
All families on our waitlist receive invitations to program events throughout the year. We hope you will join us! Please let us know if your phone, email, or address changes so we can stay in touch!
Once a spot is available for your family, Bauer staff will contact you, determine a start date, and introduce you to your Family Engagement Worker. Your Family Engagement Worker will help you complete required enrollment documents and will create a transition plan with you to ensure you and your child have a smooth introduction into the program.
Families are accepted into our programs through April of each year. Families are accepted into the current program year after April 1. Applicants who are on the waitlist or who apply after April 1 will be considered for the following school year.